Wednesday 30 July 2008

Writing and Blogging

Writing and blogging are probably synonomous but I suppose I regard blogging as writing for me and an audience rather than a client. Even on my professional writing blog I don't really see it as work - though perhaps I should.

One of the reasons I probably make these distinctions is that I make very little money from my blogs, not even received my first Google check yet, even though one of my sites has a consistent PR2 and comes up on the first page of Google for Freelance Writing and Research - probably means that I could do with some tips on monetization.

The money that I make from writing comes from the articles and website content that I write for different clients - and that is what I see as my freelance writing work. Do you make a distinction between writing and blogging?

1 comment:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Hi Sue,

Like you, I make a distinction between blogging and freelance writing. Sure, there are Google ads on some of my blogs, but I don't really care much about them because they're not paying anything.

For me, blogging is PR, a way to get my name out there. I don't do it for money. But I hope it's a way of creating or maintaining somewhat of an Intenet presence.

Long term, I want it to lead people to my novels.

Malcolm

feedburner

google link ads

amazon

FeedBurner FeedCount

Ads

My Headlines

Writing Buddies - link love Headline Animator

fuel my blog

nanowrimo

Amazon book links

Google referrals

add

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

blog rush

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Favourite authors

  • Ian Rankin
  • Sue Grafton
  • Raymond Chandler