Sunday 15 April 2007

It's a Gran's Life

It's a gran's life,
Worker, mother, long time wife.
But when school is out
It's a gran's life.

They come in, they shout
They turn the cupboards inside out.
They want to go on MSNI tell them I'm working yet again,
It's a gran's life.

They raid the fridge of all that was there.
I have to buy more, but they don't care.
Food's for scoffing, drinks are for troughing,
It's a gran's life
I try to work through the shouts and the noise
Of five big and bouncing, growing boys,
Sat on the sofa, laid on the rug,
But they never leave me without a hug,
It's a gran's life.

No comments:

feedburner

google link ads

amazon

FeedBurner FeedCount

Ads

My Headlines

Writing Buddies - link love Headline Animator

fuel my blog

nanowrimo

Amazon book links

Google referrals

add

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

blog rush

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Favourite authors

  • Ian Rankin
  • Sue Grafton
  • Raymond Chandler