Wednesday 26 September 2007

Midday Writing and Rhyming

Midday writing is not necessarily writing at its best, but I sometimes find that it is writing from the heart. At certain times of the day my mind wanders to different types of writing and how these are a reflection of ourselves. For example I have a habit of writing doggerel at points when I don't know what else to write - a times like these rhyming stuff, even if it is rubbish has a comforting feel. Doggerel you might say is my writing dummy (or comforter depending on which side of the pond you live). Some months back I wrote a piece about grandmothers and grandchildren. At the time I had a housefull of kids and a deadline to meet, my only defence against the onslaught (I have to say that I don't discourage them from turning up during school holidays) and the looming deadline was to put it into rhyme - which probably sparked a later post on whether I was a writer or just a nutcase. Never mind midday has a strange effect on me sometimes

No comments:

feedburner

google link ads

amazon

FeedBurner FeedCount

Ads

My Headlines

Writing Buddies - link love Headline Animator

fuel my blog

nanowrimo

Amazon book links

Google referrals

add

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

blog rush

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Favourite authors

  • Ian Rankin
  • Sue Grafton
  • Raymond Chandler