Friday 19 October 2007

Write Good Content

I know it has been said before by other writers and bloggers but the kind of content that you put on your website or blog really does matter. People will often become regular visitors to either your website or your blog because they like what you have to say. You are obviously writing about topics that engage readers when they come to your site.

It is all too easy to forget that any writer is only as good as their audience. Successful published writers know that if they want to remain successful then it is up to them give their readers what they want - something that engages their interest and keeps them coming back for more.

When you write good content you are not only pleasing your audience you are putting your money where your mouth is when it comes to writing. One of the reasons that you write good content is because you hope that your audience wouldn't expect anything less than you expect from yourself.

4 comments:

Dana Prince said...

I absolutely agree. Great post, Sue!

Sue Jeffels Writing said...

Thanks Dana, I usually stop by at your blog and enjoy reading it

Jack Payne said...

I am always amazed by the volume of writing put out by so many bloggers. And, I'm used to writing volume. At one point in the 1970s I cranked out 7 books in one year. But, the some 30 articles I have up on my Blog seem like a book unto itself, and the effort seems like it took an eternity to write. How so many bloggers can pump out 2-3 pieces a day, have several hundred articles posted in a six month period--well, it simply astounds me.

No way could I, any longer, keep up a pace like that. (Ah, the endearment of old age and creaky bones.)

Sue Jeffels Writing said...

When I looked at your blog Jack it seemed pretty full of good content to me

suejeff

feedburner

google link ads

amazon

FeedBurner FeedCount

Ads

My Headlines

Writing Buddies - link love Headline Animator

fuel my blog

nanowrimo

Amazon book links

Google referrals

add

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

blog rush

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Favourite authors

  • Ian Rankin
  • Sue Grafton
  • Raymond Chandler